Early Childhood Learning and Development (ECLD)
Our efforts focus specifically on ensuring the well-being of parents and supporting parents to determine long term success for their children. We do this by offering nurturing environments and providing skills-based training that develops the parenting and leadership capacity of parents/primary caregivers. Our ultimate aim is that Central Richmond parents/primary caregivers effect positive changes in home, schools and neighborhoods.
All children in the Central Richmond are Healthy and Whole.
• Children are ready for academic success.
• Children have access to high-quality learning environments.
• Parents and children have healthy relationships with each other and a network of friends and family.
• Parents and caregivers are aware, educated, and involved around child development.
Since BBK began this work in 2010:
- Close to 200 parents and care providers have participated in our parenting classes
- Yearly, BBK serves over 75 care providers and children in our summer child development playgroups.
- Our child specialists provide developmental child care and support to over 150 families annually.
- Since 2015, more than 100 families have attended at least one of our workshops and trainings to help their 0-5-year-old children become successful readers.
Some include: Child Abuse Prevention Council, City of Richmond, Contra Costa County Behavioral Health, Tandem.
For more information about our Early Childhood Learning and Development work please contact us.