Education Working Group
Outcome: All BBK Zone students are supported, graduate as critical thinkers with 21st century skills, and are ready to succeed in college and/or career.
- Children are ready for school learning (socially, cognitively, emotionally) at the time of school entry.
- Children demonstrate achievement of grade-level proficiency in major subjects including reading and math.
- Children are not chronically absent from school.
- Children are in schools where income- and race-based reading gaps are eliminated by third grade.
- Children/Youth have access to quality teachers.
- Youth have access to rigorous curriculum.
- Youth graduate from high school.
- Youth graduate from college (or achieve a rigorous post-secondary credential).
- Youth are active participants in civic life.
- Families are actively involved in their child’s school.
- Children have positive relationships with peers.
- Children are engaged in school.
- School has a positive climate.
Read about how BBK Collaborative’s community events and initiatives are improving education in Richmond on our blog.